- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
Get Ready to help children and families in your community? Ready to change the world? Kiwanis is ready for you!
Reach out to a Kiwanis club in your community and let them know you’d like to join. Contact a club member or officer. Let them know you’d like to learn more about Kiwanis.
Try these tips for contacting a local Kiwanis club:
- Find a club. Locate a Kiwanis club in your area. Choose up to three club locations near you to receive a personal guest invitation.
- Visit a club. Ask about visiting a Kiwanis meeting—or offer to speak at a meeting. It’s an excellent way to learn about Kiwanis, make contacts and let Kiwanis members know more about you.
- Phone home. If you need help getting in touch with a Kiwanis club, give Kiwanis International a call at +1-800-549-2647, ext. 411
- Explore Kiwanis culture. Kiwanis clubs are volunteer-based. Traditionally, club meetings take place once a week and offer an atmosphere of fun, learning and fellowship. Kiwanis members typically volunteer each month to assist with club service projects. In a typical year, Kiwanis clubs worldwide organize more than 150,000 service projects—both locally and globally—and Kiwanis members dedicate more than 12 million hours of service.
- Get involved. New members bring fresh energy and ideas to Kiwanis clubs. We invite you to reach out, learn more and get involved. Together, we can change the world, one child and one community at a time.